Gain insight into the world of magnetic bearings, high-speed motors and generators, and other rotating machinery with these articles, product literature and papers from Synchrony® and Online publications.
- Synchrony Capabilities Brochure (649 KB pdf)
- AMB - Magnetic Bearing Demo Unit Flyer (106 KB pdf)
- NovaDrive® and NovaGen® Product Flyer (311 KB pdf)
- Synchrony Fact Sheet (174 KB pdf)
- Replace Oil-Lubricated Bearings with State-of-the-Art Active Magnetic Bearings
(306 KB PDF)
White Papers & Articles
- White Paper - Improving Rotating Machinery Performance with Dresser-Rand’s Synchrony® Active Magnetic Bearings (387 KB pdf)
- An easier way to be green - The Hill's Congress Blog - The Hill's Congress Blog featured an article written by Synchrony founder and CEO, Victor Iannello. The article focuses on finding ways to improve efficiency of machines and everyday processes. See the entire article Online here.
- Bearings That Pack a Punch (and Their Own Controls) - The New York Times - The New York Times recently featured an article about Synchrony and our Fusion® magnetic bearings, with integrated controls and electronics. See the entire article Online here.
- Make Mine Magnetic (1.58 MB pdf) - Machine Design - Industrial motors like this one use magnetic bearings for lubricant-free, low-friction support in five axes. Miniaturized and streamlined controller architecture make magnetic bearings more feasible for many applications.
- Recent Advances Give Magnetic Bearings a New Spin (428 KB pdf) - Diesel & Gas Turbine Worldwide - Reductions in size, complexity and cost have greatly increased the acceptance of active magnetic bearings while an increasing number of users are discovering the advantages and benefits they can provide over traditional oil-lubricated bearings.
- Miniaturizing to reduce cost (1.3 MB pdf) - Turbomachinery International - Synchrony's products may help to expand magnetic bearing applications.